THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ OUR DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Just a quick note to say Happy Thanksgiving! My wife and I both enjoy history, so while the first celebration of this holiday may not have turned out so well for the Native Americans in this country, we do appreciate the opportunity to take a moment to reflect on what we’re thankful for:
- Each Other - Life has only gotten better since we met each other over 5 years ago.
- Our Families - While our families have been worried for us as we've talked about this adventure, no one has said we're completely crazy and we know they support us.
- Health - Members of each of our families have had health troubles in recent years, and makes us even more thankful that we are young and healthy enough to contemplate a trip like this.
- Our Adventurous Spirits - We've been to more countries together than we have US states, and neither of us can remember how the conversation of sailing around the world came up. It just quickly became "how can we make this happen?"
- Our Dealer - Buying a boat is a complicated process, and we're quite thankful that we enjoy working with our dealer and he has been patient in helping answer all of our questions.
- The Sailing Community - We're already amazed by how helpful people have been, offering support and helping to answer questions. We can't wait to actually meet people on the water.
So Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, wherever you may be. We are looking forward to celebrating our first “unconventional” Thanksgiving on Starry Horizons in a years time!